2.26.2013

Guest Post: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

Boy, have I got a treat for you! My super sweet friend Taylor is guest posting today! She'll be sharing the beauty secret she can't live without and have you running to your nearest Sephora! Take it away Taylor!


First of all, let me give a big thank you to the lovely Amanda Parks for letting me dish a little on her incredible fashion blog! I am a twenty-something wife-to-be and dental student who has always wanted to blog – and Amanda is giving me my fix – thanks, girl!

Me and the fiancé, ZRJ

Today’s obsession has been in my life for 4 years now, and if you only knew how ADD I am about cosmetics, that is a testimonial in its own! I was an undergraduate student at UT-Knoxville, freezing my buns off winter 2009, walking from class to work in the bitter wind and back again. My lips were dry, cracked, and frankly…miserable. No amount of lipstick or gloss could improve their shattered state. So in true Taylor fashion, I ran to the closest Sephora to seek a solution.

While standing in the check-out line with a handful of other goodies (ADD, remember?), I noticed a handsome little tube of Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment and remembered the purpose of my visit. I scanned the box to see: Vitamin A, E, & C, essential fatty acids, antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols, black currant oil, and SPF 15 (a must, y’all). I tossed a box onto the counter with my pile and was on my way. 


The moment I left the store, I ripped into the box and smoothed some onto my lips.  Now imagine the clouds parting and the world filling with an ethereal light… INSTANT relief, instant improvement, and the smell! It is reminiscent of the lingering aroma of a freshly baked Pucker Up cupcake from Muddy’s Bake Shop.

Suffice to say, my lips were forever changed.  Also, in the past four years, Sugar has gained a cult following.  How did Fresh respond? Tinted Lip Treatments!


 LOVE! My go-to winter color is Rose.  It is sheer, but has enough color to give you that perfect pout with pale winter skin. It isn’t pictured above, but what I’m most excited for for spring is Fresh’s newest addition: Petal! Isn’t it gorgeous?


Have you ever used Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment? 


Umm, do we share a brain?! I am always on the hunt for a good lip treatment! I make a conscious effort NOT to go in Sephora (I just can't handle that kind of temptation) but I'm allowed to order online, right?! 

I'm loyal to MAC and always purchase my tried and true favorites when it comes to cosmetics, so I love reading new product reviews, especially from someone I know and trust. THANK YOU, Taylor! I hope you'll contribute again soon! 

Now.  Am I the only one who's craving a cupcake?!

1 comment:

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips