1.30.2013

Polished Weekend Wear

Sweater: Ann Taylor Loft / Blouse: J. Crew / Jeans: Express / Shoes: J. Crew / Clutch: J. Crew / Bracelet: J. Crew / Necklace: Sandy Hyun (on sale!) / Sunglasses: Kate Spade

Since it was so warm outside last weekend, I ditched my coat for a short-sleeved sweater. It was the perfect light layer for the 70 degree weather and I love how the chunky knit dresses down a silk blouse and statement jewelry. My necklace and bracelet are two of my very favorite pieces in my collection. I fell in love with both pieces after seeing how Emily styled them on her blog. I learned the hard way that following Cupcakes and Cashmere can be a major threat to my bank account.

I wore this last weekend for exciting Saturday afternoon activities (i.e. looking for Tyler new under shirts, new bronzer for me, and browsing the clearance section in TJ Maxx). I was so glad to get to spend the day with my hubby leisurely "running" around Memphis. While I like to have things to do, sometimes weekends with little to no plans is a relaxing and welcome change. Saturday night we met our friends Will and Courtney for Mexican and Jerry's sno cones. Side note: If you're like us and have never tried Jerry's, YOU MUST GO as soon as possible. I don't care if it's cold outside, you can sit in your car with the heat on while eating them. But it's not a bad idea to pack heat 'cause it's kinda in the ghetto. Side note 2: Take a moment and visit Courtney's blog, exodus31three! She's awesome!




Photography by Tyler B. Parks


Stay tuned for Valentine's Day gift guides!

5 comments:

  1. Love your chunky sweater cardigan. The cables are lovely.

    aBreeFashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous look!!! I love your blouse and your purse. Perfect styling!

    Would love it if you stopped by sometime

    Love from South Africa

    http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so amazing! This is the perfect casual chic outfit, and I'm obsessed with your blouse and jewelry! (I have the same problem: following Cupcakes and Cashmere is truly a big threat to my financial balance :) Anyway, you have an amazing style and great taste, and I'm glad I've stumbled upon your blog! I'm definitely following you to see more :)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bracelet...absolutely stunning! I am totally envious because I want it!

    xoxo
    Erin

    www.thefashioncanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Lulu Frost bracelet. So gorgeous. Love the J Crew top as well. See how I styled it on my blog tomorrow. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog A Little Dash of Darling

    I appreciate your support.
    Xo,
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips