1.18.2013

Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup

I am a huge fan of soup on especially cold days, and this past Monday was the coldest day of the year so far, with temperatures around 28 degrees for most of the day. When I came home for lunch, I decided to throw some things into the crockpot for supper, without a specific recipe in mind. I ended up creating my own version of a vegetable stew, with a tomato sauce base and ground beef. It was just what I needed to warm up!



Vegetable Beef Soup

2 cans corn, drained
2 cans green beans, drained
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 large can & 1 regular can tomato sauce (+ tomato juice to create desired juiciness)
1 large potato, peeled and cut into cubes
2 cups of carrots, rinsed and cut into bite-sized pieces (I bought the baby carrots in the refrigerated produce section)
1/2 of a small onion, finely chopped
1 lb of lean ground beef, browned and drained
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Worcheshire sauce
Salt and pepper

Combine ingredients into crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours.





I put cheese on everything! 


Bella was dying to try it!

I was tempted to make Tyler's delicious cheesy cornbread, but we decided not to ruin an otherwise healthy meal. Feel free to add or subtract vegetables to suit your taste (and pantry inventory!).  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks sooooo yummy, I'm going to have to try this recipe! Oh and I love your bowls ;)
    Love you! -Lauren Spears

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips