1.25.2013

I said "Yes to The Dress!"


Shopping for my wedding dress with my mom was such an awesome experience and quite possibly my favorite aspect of wedding planning. We had SO much fun! We spent a weekend in Atlanta hopping from place to place trying on gorgeous dresses, shopping in Buckhead, and cherishing girl time together. I found my dress at Bridals by Lori, the salon featured on Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta. I wasn't filmed for the show, but I did see camera crews preparing to film later that day. We took tons of pictures and met several people I knew from watching the TV show, even Lori herself! I obviously couldn't share most of these pictures before the wedding since they show my dress (this was in July 2011), so here they are!






Dress by Marisa

 I originally planned to wear the crystal sash, but later decided against it. As it turned out, I went much simpler than I ever imagined I would! 









Dress: Lilly Pulitzer / Wedges: Vince Camuto

Yes, I wore the same dress both days. It was cute, comfortable, cool, and easy to slip on and off. Don't judge me! 


I fell in love with the dress the moment I put it on and didn't want to take it off! It was perfect, and the sample I tried on ended up being the same size I ordered! The only bad part? Waiting 8 months to try it on at my first fitting, and another 4 months to actually wear it! 

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!! Congratulations. What a fun experience. I work at a bridal store and it is just so fun to see happy brides deciding on their wedding gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress!! You look different than you do now...maybe it's the shorter hair?? I can't put my finger on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an amazing weekend, one that I had dreamed of from the day you were born! I loved every minute and each bridal salon. Too cute when we visited one salon that referred to each dress as a person, such as, "Olivia is beautiful and she will look great"! I especially loved the look on your face when you said, "Yes to the dress"! I will never forget those precious memories!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips