3.27.2013

Baked Spaghetti


In accordance with our recent vow to try new recipes, I am always searching Pinterest for ideas. Back in our food rut, we ate spaghetti at least once a week. It's such a quick and easy meal, not to mention inexpensive, so I admit I was happy to find a baked variation. This version includes ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses, so it's definitely not just another boring spaghetti meal. Recipe is as follows, with my adaptations in red.

Roasted Garlic Cheesy Baked Spaghetti

Ingredients:
1 box of spaghetti pasta
2 regular sized jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used Kroger brand's roasted red pepper)
1 16 oz container of ricotta cheese
1 bulb of roasted garlic (I used a couple teaspoons of garlic powder)
1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
2 roma tomatoes sliced thin (I included two cans of diced tomatoes inside the spaghetti instead)
I didn't add any meat, but I may try that next time!

Directions:
Boil pasta. Strain and mix with sauce, ricotta, half of your parmesan, and garlic.
Pour into a large casserole dish.
Top with mozzarella cheese. Top mozzarella with remaining parmesan.
Bake at 400 degrees for for 20 minutes. 

3 comments:

  1. Just last night, I added a similar recipe (Spaghetti Casserole) to my Easy Peasy Recipes page on my blog. It looked delish, and so does yours. I definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delish! Thanks for sharing! I am really hungry now that I've read this post, and the one about Spaghetti Warehouse, and BBQ. Ha! I'm a Memphis girl too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips