5.15.2013

Homemade Calzones


Calzones are at the top of my favorite Italian food list, just above lasagna and pizza. I love bread and cheese, but sometimes dislike the amount of sauce that is included in many Italian dishes. The great thing about calzones, however, is that I can control how much sauce I want, while getting double the bread and cheese! They're also more filling than pizza, so I can eat a small portion and be satisfied. 

I made them at home for the first time a few weeks ago, and I couldn't believe how easy and quick it was to prepare!

Here are the ingredients I used. I don't eat many toppings, but you can add anything you like inside your calzone!
-pizza dough
-mozzarella cheese
-pepperoni
-marinara sauce

Roll out the dough and pile on your toppings. Cut thin strips along each side. Fold over the strips, alternating sides. Bake at 350 until lightly brown. Serve with warm marinara sauce.

*Helpful tip: After you've rolled the dough, lay it out on a greased baking sheet before adding toppings and folding.


So easy, quick, and delicious!

Thank you for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! We had homemade pizza last night for dinner. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I have made a Mexican casserole in braided bread like this and it was so good! I'll have to post that recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SO yummy!!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious!
    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that calzone looks delicious!! i love style posts, but i'm also a sucker for food posts! i love it when i find blogs that encompass both elements!

    and thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment, amanda!! i appreciate it so much!

    xx

    M O I O L O G Y

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips