7.10.2013

Summer Beauty


 In the past couple years, I've toned down my makeup routine quite a bit. I don't really know what caused the change, but I think it might something to do with having to wake up early for this big girl job I have. Less time on makeup = more sleep! Especially in the summer, my makeup routine is super simple and natural. Today I'm sharing my favorite products that I use on a daily basis! 

Face: neutrogena oil-free mouisture // benefit "boi-ing" concealer // mac mineralize bronzer
I've been using neutrogena's moisturizer for years and I love it. It's light, non-greasy, and has a little SPF to protect my face. Since I don't like wearing foundation in the summertime, a good concealer to cover imperfections is crucial. I just ran out of my mac concealer, and I'm planning to try benefit's "boi-ing" next. To finish off my face, I dust a little bronzer all over to warm up my complexion.

Eyes/Brows: too faced brow pencil // benefit "they're real" mascara
For me, my stand-out features are my eyes and brows. I don't wear eyeshadow or eyeliner daily, but I always have to shape my brows and put on mascara. I use too faced's brow pencil in "blondey" which is a few shades lighter than my natural brow color. For my lashes, I always curl them first and then add 1-2 coats of "they're real" mascara by benefit. It really helps lengthen my lashes but isn't too much for a natural look. (I am looking for another mascara that adds dramatic volume for those times I want a more glam look. I need recommendations!)

Lips: fresh sugar lip balm
Lastly, I usually swipe on sugar lip balm from fresh, which gives a light color and extreme moisture. Occasionally, I'll switch that out for a bright lipstick. It helps me feel a little more put together but not overly so in the summer heat. :)

What are your summer beauty must-haves? I'd love to hear your beauty recommendations!


* I was not compensated by any brand for this post. I use and love all of these products and wanted to share them with you!

6 comments:

  1. I want to try that Sugar lip balm! And I've heard great things about that mascara....if you find a good one for more dramatic lashes, be sure to share!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I want to try that Sugar balm. I also love They're Real but I agree that they don't create a super dramatic lash. To thicken and make my lashes stand out I will add a few coats of The Balm's What's Your Type mascara in Body Builder. It works like a charm!

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try that benefit mascara for awhile...I've heard only good things from friends! I just did a post about makeup too. I go for dramatic lashes everyday...I have lash issues haha. But I really like using loreal voluminous with diorshow new look. I use latisse though so it doesn't take much to get a lot of volume.

    xxx
    Jaclyn
    http://www.loveandbellinis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing this "sugar" lip balm - I MUST try it!!

    xo
    www.alluredevieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benefit is the absolute best!! I swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh makes the best products! I have the same lip balm and love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips