9.11.2013

Bootie Dilemma: Save or Splurge?


Perfect, right? I fell in love with them the moment I spotted them in a Piperlime ad mailed to my house. That ad had a 20% off coupon attached, so I just knew I could make these booties mine. With the discount, the total comes to $228. Now, if I wanted to return another pair of shoes I bought recently with some birthday money (ahem, Rachel Roy), I could certainly have them. But I haven't made that decision yet. While exploring other options, I came up with these less expensive alternatives that are worthy of consideration.

All of these are available on Amazon, which bodes well for me. I also have a 20% off coupon for Amazon, plus a $50 gift card.

I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing that I over analyze things like this. I may end up not being able to get the Hudson's out of my head, thus returning the Rachel Roy's to be able to buy them. Or I maybe I choose the most reasonable option and settle for one of the alternatives. 

What do y'all think? Do you love the Hudson's? Do you love the Rachel Roy's? Do you think any of the alternatives would be a good decision?

10 comments:

  1. I love those Hudson's! Though the 1's are nearly identical and also in a great fall tone! You could always go with 3 and purchase an ankle strap to add on-- I think Free People sells them or any cobbler could attach one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I love number one! great neutral color but still the same style you like. go with your heart though girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all of these booties! I must admit though, the ones you picked originally are my fave!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with those booties!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty! But I think I might go with a less expensive pair since they are a bit trendy in the fact that they are (a beautiful) wine color as well as the popular bootie look this fall/winter. But I'm always behind on the trends, so I'm probably not the best person at giving advice!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I would prefer the top ones, the price is not good haha so I would go with either the first, second or last

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Hudson's (I've been lusting after a similar pair) and although they aren't wine colored, this pair from Forever 21:

    http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=shoes_boots&ProductID=2000128442&VariantID=

    is SUPER similar! I ended up buying the Forever pair because I couldn't justify spending $200+ on ANOTHER pair of ankle booties. I have a ton. But I love the wine colored options! I like #1 & #4 best :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, what a find. The alternatives are practically the same shoe. Love number one. Fabulous job, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these booties! I just scored myself some at Target this weekend!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really really feeling the Hudson's! And by what I've heard (although I don't own) I heard that Dolce Vita's aren't the most comfortable. Personally, loving the Hudson's!

    Love, Bex

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips