6.04.2013

It Needs To Be Said

Today I came across a terrible website where people come together under anonymous user names and discuss their hate for blogs. And by "discuss their hate" I mean hand out insults left and right. They don't discriminate; they insult every blogging community: fashion, lifestyle, fitness, and parenting alike. It's sickening really, especially when explained out like this. Simply put, they're cyber bullies that hide behind internet anonymity while defaming bloggers.

Right now, I'm taking a stand against cyber bullying and standing up for all of my fellow bloggers. 

To the cyber bullies,

It’s sad to me that you spend your time this way. Does spreading lies and negativity about others make you feel better about yourself? All the bloggers you are insulting have had the confidence to put themselves out into the world, use their real name, and share their lives, photos of themselves and their families. That takes courage. You, however, hide behind your catty user name.

Not everyone will enjoy every blog. There are blogs I don’t particularly care for. But you know what? I just don’t read them. It’s that easy. Personally, I don’t see the point in spending my time reading blogs that irritate me and discussing the reasons. I can think of so many more enjoyable and meaningful ways to fill my time.

I’m amazed at how many participants of this site admit they are bloggers themselves, yet say such spiteful things about their fellow bloggers. Blogging should be a community where we build each other up and share constructive criticisms, not rip each other apart. Blogging has led to so many great things for me, both professionally and personally, with the best being new friendships. I am thankful for the connections I’ve made during this short time and look forward to many more. I’m always more than happy to associate with bloggers that are kind, helpful, and encouraging.

To all my fellow bloggers, you are awesome. You are tenacious. And you are beautiful. There will always be people who don’t like you and want to bring you down. There will always be people that are jealous of you. Don’t let them steal your joy! Share on your blog things that bring you happiness and inspiration, and please, please don’t visit sites that engage in cyber bullying.

7 comments:

  1. I love this, I didnt know there was such a website but it doesn't surprise me.. insecure people will always feel the need to tear others down. sometimes it sucks being a blogger when your friends make fun of you and you find out the internet is even more unforgiving.. i agree, it should be a community of support and inspiration, so thank you for this post. very well said!
    xo, aiyanajanee || http://citystylecountrysmile.com/about/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said :)

    I find that I don't float around blogland as much as I could because of such negativity. I teach high school students, and one of the things I always say is, "I teach high school; I don't attend it." I've never understood why people have to tear each other down in order to feel better about themselves. As for me, I'm a fan of self deprecating humor; it elicits laughter, and I know I'm kidding with myself ;)

    Thanks for such an uplifting post. Good for you.

    -Danielle
    littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am glad to hear you saying this! i honestly think every single blogger is brave, beautiful, and fantastic! thanks for supporting everyone (and yourself!)
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. Honestly...if you don't like it, don't read it! Very simple. Nobody forces you to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for standing up to this, someone has to right?! It's sad that people even sit around and waste their own time and energy to bully bloggers instead of doing more productive things with their time!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! You said it!! That site is awful, my blog is on it haha. Thankfully I'm too busy living life to read all that crap or to even care!! This post was fabulous! I hope it inspires the mean ones to change their ways! XO

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks so much for reading!

Blogging tips